Whenever you’re using sparklers, Chinese paper sky lanterns, champagne party poppers or any other novelty pyrotechnic item or trick device, it’s important to keep safety at the top of the list. Below we’ve giving you some important safety tips that will help you enjoy your experience while staying safe.
Overall Pyrotechnic Novelty Safety Tips:
- Every item has instructions, please read the label or packaging carefully.
- Adult supervision is strongly suggested to prevent injury. Some novelty items are not recommended for children under age 8.
- Store unused pyrotechnic novelty items in a cool, dry location. They will store for several years if done properly.
- Never, ever point or throw pyrotechnics at other people.
- Do NOT carry pyrotechnics in your pockets.
- Do NOT put lit pyrotechnics in glass or plastic containers. Metal containers filled with sand placed around your venue is highly recommended.